SCECSAL Standing Conferences are held biennialy and are hosted by SCECSAL member Associations. Hosts for future conferences are confirmed during the SCECSAL General Assembly meeting which is held on the last day of the SCECSAL Standing Conference.
- SCECSAL XXII Conference: Digital transformation and the changing role of libraries and information centres in the sustainable development of Africa, Ezulwini, Swaziland, 25 - 29 April 2016.
- SCECSAL XXI Conference: Information and knowledge management as a driving force for socio-economic development in Africa, Lilongwe City, Malawi, 28 July - 1 August 2014
- SCECSAL XX Conference: Information for sustainable development in a digital environment. Nairobi, Kenya, 4 - 8 June 2012.
- SCECSAL XIX Conference: Enhancing democracy and good governance through effective information and knowledge services. Gaborone, Botswana, 6 - 9 December 2010.
- SCECSAL XVIII Conference: Libraries and information services towards the attainment of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). Mulungushi International Conference Centre, Lusaka, Zambia, 15-18 July 2008.
- SCECSAL XVII Conference: Libraries as a bridge to an information and knowledge society in Eastern, Central and Southern Africa. Diamond Jumbilee Conference Centre, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, 10 - 14 July 2006.
- SCECSAL XVI Conference: Towards a knowledge society for African development. Nile International Hotel (NIH), Kampala, Uganda, 5 - 9 July 2004.
- SCECSAL XV Conference: From Africa to the World - the globalisation of indigenous knowledge systems. Caesar's Gauteng Hotel Casino and Convention Resort, Kempton Park, Johannesburg, South Africa, 15 - 20 April 2002.
- SCECSAL XIV Conference: Information 2000: a Vision for the SCECSAL region. Safari Court and Conference Centre, Windhoek, Namibia, 10 - 15 April 2000.
- SCECSAL XIII Conference: Information for sustainable development in the 21st Century. Jomo Kenyatta International Conference Centre, Nairobi, Kenya, 27 - 31 July 1998.
- SCECSAL XII Conference: Libraries & information services in the 21st Century and beyond. Lesotho Sun Hotel, Maseru, Lesotho, 9 - 13 December 1996.
- SCECSAL XI Conference: Libraries and freedom of Information. Malawi, 1994.
- SCECSAL X Conference: Improving access to information and knowledge for socio-economic and technological development in Africa. Tanzania, 1992.
- SCECSAL IX Conference: Bibliographic control in 1990's and beyond. International Conference Centre, Kampala, Uganda, 21 - 29 June 1990.
- SCECSAL VIII Conference: Library and information services for the disadvantaged groups. University of Swaziland, Kwaluseni, Swaziland, 21 - 29 July 1988.
- SCECSAL VII Conference: Libraries and literacy, Gaborone, Botswana, 1986.
- SCECSAL VI Conference: Information for national development, Harare, Zimbabwe, 1984.
- SCECSAL V Conference: Libraries for national development, Blantyre, Malawi, 1982.
- SCECSAL IV Conference: Book promotion and the sharing of resources in Africa, Lesotho Hilton International, Maseru, Lesotho, 8 - 13 December 1980.
- SCECSAL III Conference: The development of information systems: an African approach, Nairobi, Kenya, 1980.
- SCECSAL II Conference: Libraries and information services as instruments of transition to the 21st century in Africa, Lusaka, Zambia, 1978.
- SCECSAL I Conference: Libraries and their impact on education, economics and culture in developing countries, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, 1974.
Copyright © 2001 - 2017 SCECSAL